For some, the ubiquity of technology has been the source of distraction, rather than an aid to productivity. With over 1 million smartphone users in the United States*, it’s easy to access facebook, twitter and email with the swipe of one’s finger. But sometimes this access isn’t always beneficial. We end up checking facebook at dinner, answering emails on our days off and we can’t seem to enjoy a meal without posting it on instagram first.
If this sounds like you, consider a digital fast once a week. It can be for a few hours, a day or even the weekend. Allow yourself to disconnect from your phone or laptop and enjoy the company of friends and family. Or maybe disconnecting means spending time doing something for yourself--go for a walk, read a book, make something. Take a nap! Recharge.
More: Simplifying Life
• Sacred Space, our sanctuary within ► read more
• Being United Methodist ► read more
• Better bad habits ► learn more
• Spiritual journeys, all colors and shapes ► watch video
• 6 sure signs you're surviving ► read & share
• Simplify ► read more
• Volunteer ► read more | zip search near you
Originally Posted: Oct 30, 2012