Six Sure Signs You're Surviving
We've all had them – those days that make you feel like you’re about to implode. And you wonder whether your world will ever right itself. Mixed in with all that doubt and worry crowding your thoughts are sure signs you're surviving.
Hang in there because you're doing better than you may think if:
1) You still find humor around you – If you still have a light-hearted spirit within yourself, that’s a good sign (unless your eye twitches when you do it).
2) You feel compelled to help someone – If you feel like you still have something to give back to others then something is going well in your life. Remember, no gift is too small for someone in need. Let your cup overflow.
3) You deal with more road rage than you create – So you decided to let that lady go first at the stop sign and didn’t even honk at the man who cut you off. Many people call that ‘patience.’ You’ve made your last nerve a little harder to find. Bravo!
4) You catch yourself humming when you are alone – Or singing. Both are genuine expressions of quiet happiness. And, hopefully, the neighbors didn’t call to complain about the howling dog.
5) You took your family on that road trip you have been promising – You’re reaching out and being selfless. Maybe you had to take off work an extra day, but those days you spent with the family meant more to them than you’ll ever imagine.
6) You did [x] with a group of friends – Maybe you helped a friend move into a new place and then had a big cookout to celebrate. Your time together was a reminder that you have a great support group behind you. Now that's an incredible feeling.
People rarely deal with one stress at a time. We all think we have to deal with everything at once. But that's the big kicker - it's not true! And you may be surviving better than you think. Did you read a sign that lets you know you're doing okay? Print it out, post it on your mirror, or keep it in your pocket. If one made you smile, tweet it to a friend (saves you from handing out little slips of paper).
More: sharing inspiration
Originally Posted: Jun 28, 2012