Four recipes that will have you and the kids in your life looking forward to the next school morning!
- ½ cup quick cooking oats,
- ½ banana, tsp cinnamon,
- ½ cup milk (any type).
Place in a bowl or in individual freezer bags overnight then microwave for 1 min and serve (255 calories w/skim milk, 10g protein, 14g sugar)
Nut butter boats:
- Slice a banana in half,
- smear with 1 tsp nut butter on each side,
- sprinkle with 1 tbl. walnuts (185 calories w/peanut butter, 4.5 g protein, 15 g sugar)
- Put ½ banana,
- ¼ cup berries,
- ½ cup milk (any type),
- and ½ cup ice into blender and blend until smooth.
- Add nut butter for extra protein if desired. (118 calories w/skim milk, 5g protein, 17g sugar) (150 calories w/peanut butter, 6g protein, 17g sugar)
3 Ingredient Pancakes:
(may be made ahead)
- Blend 2 eggs,
- 1 banana,
- and ¼ tsp baking powder in blender. Blend.
- Cook on griddle or skillet until brown on each side. Makes 2 servings (116 calories, 6g protein, 8g sugar)